Thursday, May 22, 2008

Colors

Creep these words onto this,
A piece of ambiguities:
Painting a fine white dove,
Striking, in the dark sky above.
And through this gray vision,
Colors spread across the heaven.

Originally written in 1998, in University Malaya Kuala Lumpur
Shortlisted as finalist at the International Poetry Competition organized by www.poetry.com 1998
"Colors" is one of my all-time favorite, dedicated to a girl of my past. She is still in my present though, but constantly referred to as "The Friend My Wife Doesn't Like", ("Kawan Awak Yang Saya Tak Suka", in which "Saya" refers to my lovely wife Hana).

This poem actually refers to a pastel portrait of the Lady Who Likes To Eat The Bubur Caca, as she likes to be known now, which I painted (as to what reason I did this, I rather not remember. Let's just say it was the Free Spirit of My Youth). I don't have the painting now, but as I remembered it... it was of rainbows. Or was it. So, My Lady Bubur Caca, if you have it, can you please refresh my memory.

4 comments:

The Bubur Caca Lover said...

Yes, it was indeed of rainbows. And it is still one of my prized possessions, along with the poem. Thank you. Oh, and welcome back to the world of poetry.

Zahir75 said...

Yes... It feels good to be back, My Lady.

Now that you have officiated the Poetrypuisi, I will continue to add more poetry and puisi.

Hannahadi76 said...

hah! poems.... portraits..... for her? me? no portrait. no poem. just the man. lucky me!

Hannahadi76 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.