Tuesday, June 3, 2008

A Thanks of Sort

You have enthralled me countless times
(Of which I would not say I wish not!);
And you have thawed me from icy rot,
And sing me a song of dollars from dimes!
Of this latter I owe you my present day,
But with such meager meal I hope to pay?
What manner of selfish beast have I become,
To offer the sand for your glittering diamond dust?
But what matter of unsaintly tease I will become,
If to you the diamond but to her not even a crust?
Pray I to God that I will not sway,
And lose her heart and thus my way.

Pray I God I tempt not betray
Your friendship, her infinite stay.

Originally written in 1998

Complex. Self searching. Conflict. Between my love, and again, the Dark Lady.

3 comments:

The Bubur Caca Lover said...

I still have a copy of this one, too! Tehehe...This blog of yours really brings back memories la...

Zahir75 said...

My lady, you could be a millionaire if I die. You've got originals!

Hannahadi76 said...

hmmm... how come she has the copy? I wonder.....